Sioux Falls Burger Battle: Chef Lance’s ‘The Big Bison Burger’
January in Sioux Falls only means one thing...Burger Battle! This year's Downtown Sioux Falls Burger Battle is pretty intense. 32 savory burgers from local Sioux Falls restaurants are looking for your stomachs and votes.
When it comes to burgers, there definitely is one for everyone, especially in Sioux Falls! Sponsored by First Western Bank & Trust, the 10th annual Downtown Sioux Falls Burger Battle features burgers residents can sink their teeth into. Looking to satisfy your sweet tooth or for a little extra heat with your meat? You'll find it on this year's Burger Battle ballot.
Chef Lance's on Phillips (the reigning champions) is the next stop on my Burger Battle journey. This restaurant is one of the many local jewels in the Sioux Empire. The food is so delicious and the expectations are high for its "Big Bison Burger."
According to a previous article from my co-worker Jeff Harkness, the Big Bison Burger is an "8 oz Fresh Ground Buffalo Burger topped with Beef Bacon, Cheddar, Provolone, and Boursin Cheese on a bed of Shredded Lettuce, Tomato and Pickle, drizzled with Sriracha Ranch. Served with our house-cut fries." Just reading this description is making me hungry all over again.
The Big Bison Burger lives up to its name. The height of the burger itself can be a little intimidating. The first bite even packs a big punch. Multiple flavors stand out in the Bison Burger, especially a salty taste. The house-cut fries from Chef Lance's on Phillips are always mouth-watering with or without ketchup. My favorite part of this burger has to be the bun. The soft, flaky bun is akin to a buttery croissant.
I'll be honest: I only had a couple of bites of this burger. However, my fiancé enjoyed this meal and was left satisfied...also full.
More reviews from this year's Downtown Sioux Falls Burger Battle can be found here:
- "The Philly Burger" TommyJack's Pub
- "The PB & JB" Blarney Stone Irish Pub
- "The Hatch Burger" MacKenzie River Pizza, Grill, & Pub
- "The Captain" Glacial Lakes Distillery partnered with FadeAways Food Truck
- "Chicken Bacon Ranch Burger" Bread & Circus Sandwich Kitchen
- "Chipotle Bacon Burger" Holiday Inn City Centre
- "The Cheese Curd Burger" Boki European Street Food
- "Local Steak House Burger" Minervas
- "Mario Burger" Falls Landing
- "Big Zig" Fernson's
- "Italian Stallion" Papa Woody's
- "The Kunco" PAve
- "The Rimedio" Remedy Brewing Company
- "La Luna Steak Burger" La Luna Cafe
- "The Truffle Jam Burger" Crawford's
- "Wonder Burger" Five Guys
- "The Smash & Grab" The Treasury at Hotel on Phillips
- "BCB Burger" Falls Overlook Cafe
- "The Italian" Dada Gastropub
- "Hoppy Loafing Around Burger" Ode to Food
- "Griddy Burger" Monk's Ale House
Don't forget! Residents can vote for their favorite burgers by TODAY Tuesday, January 31st on the DTSF Mobile Passport. Get to eating, Sioux Falls!