Sioux Falls Burger Battle: Papa Woody’s ‘Italian Stallion’
January in Sioux Falls only means one thing...Burger Battle! This year's Downtown Sioux Falls Burger Battle is pretty intense. 32 savory burgers from local Sioux Falls restaurants are looking for your stomachs and votes.
When it comes to burgers, there definitely is one for everyone, especially in Sioux Falls! Sponsored by First Western Bank & Trust, the 10th annual Downtown Sioux Falls Burger Battle features burgers residents can sink their teeth into. Looking to satisfy your sweet tooth or for a little extra heat with your meat? You'll find it on this year's Burger Battle ballot.
I was really excited to try this next burger. My burger journey took me to Papa Woody's for its "Italian Stallion." Anything with marinara sauce and cheese always grabs my attention.
According to a previous article from my co-worker Jeff Harkness, the Italian Stallion is "1/2 lb Beef & Brisket Patty seasoned with Italian seasonings, served on a grilled butter and Parmesan encrusted bun. Smothered with sautéed mushrooms and onions, topped with pepperoni, pepper jack cheese, fried mozzarella sticks, and drizzled with pizza sauce. Served with a side of hot marinara sauce for dipping and a 4oz cup of spaghetti!" I am a huge fan of any kind of Italian burger or sandwich. Needless to say, it was my mission to taste this burger.
Not many people want their burgers with a side of spaghetti. However, I didn't mind it since spaghetti is my favorite food! The tough part of this burger was keeping the mozzarella sticks on it. Overall, the burger itself was pretty good. I enjoyed dipping my burger into the marinara sauce for that extra flavor. It was like eating a pizza on a burger!
More reviews from this year's Downtown Sioux Falls Burger Battle can be found here:
- "The Philly Burger" TommyJack's Pub
- "The PB & JB" Blarney Stone Irish Pub
- "The Hatch Burger" MacKenzie River Pizza, Grill, & Pub
- "The Captain" Glacial Lakes Distillery partnered with FadeAways Food Truck
- "Chicken Bacon Ranch Burger" Bread & Circus Sandwich Kitchen
- "Chipotle Bacon Burger" Holiday Inn City Centre
- "The Cheese Curd Burger" Boki European Street Food
- "Local Steak House Burger" Minervas
- "Mario Burger" Falls Landing
- "Big Zig" Fernson's
Don't forget! Residents can vote for their favorite burgers by Tuesday, January 31st on the DTSF Mobile Passport. Get to eating, Sioux Falls!
Tour the 2023 Downtown Sioux Falls Burger Battle
- Review the participating restaurants and their burgers
- Make sure you check their schedule and hours before you go
- Go to one of the restaurants
- Eat the burger
- Use the DTSF Digital Passport to vote and rate the burger
- And you could win prizes
- And you help one downtown restaurant win the Burger Battle and reign supreme for one whole year!