And The Downtown Sioux Falls Burger Battle Winner Is…
After a month of consuming pounds beef patties and endless side of fries, the 10th Annual Downtown Sioux Falls Burger Battle has a new champion.
Over 24,000 votes were recorded in this year's friendly downtown competition. A record number of 32 restaurants showcased their creative and tasty burgers. But who came out on top?
The Truffle Jam is a "Pretzel bun, prime beef patty, tomato pepper jam, baby arugula, jalapeño bacon, and black truffle cheese. Finished with Truffle parmesan chips." This was one of my top favorite burgers from this year's competition. Besides the burger itself, the service at Crawford's is top-notch. I tasted the burger on a busy Saturday night, and the waitress always came around to check-in during our meal. It was an overall great experience and cuisine!
Eating 32 burgers in one month is a big task for anyone to accomplish. Luckily, my co-worker Jeff Harkness and I teamed up this year to scout as many burgers as we could. As a team, we were able to try over 20 burgers. The best part? All the burgers we sampled were unique. No two burgers were alike.
All reviews from this year's Downtown Sioux Falls Burger Battle burgers we tried can be found here:
- "The Philly Burger" TommyJack's Pub
- "The PB & JB" Blarney Stone Irish Pub
- "The Hatch Burger" MacKenzie River Pizza, Grill, & Pub
- "The Captain" Glacial Lakes Distillery partnered with FadeAways Food Truck
- "Chicken Bacon Ranch Burger" Bread & Circus Sandwich Kitchen
- "Chipotle Bacon Burger" Holiday Inn City Centre
- "The Cheese Curd Burger" Boki European Street Food
- "Local Steak House Burger" Minervas
- "Mario Burger" Falls Landing
- "Big Zig" Fernson's
- "Italian Stallion" Papa Woody's
- "The Kunco" PAve
- "The Rimedio" Remedy Brewing Company
- "La Luna Steak Burger" La Luna Cafe
- "Wonder Burger" Five Guys
- "The Smash & Grab" The Treasury at Hotel on Phillips
- "BCB Burger" Falls Overlook Cafe
- "The Italian" Dada Gastropub
- "Hoppy Loafing Around Burger" Ode to Food
- "Griddy Burger" Monk's Ale House
- "The Big Bison Burger" Chef Lance's on Phillips
Congratulations to Crawford's on a delicious burger! And thanks to all 32 Downtown Sioux Falls restaurants for another great burger battle.