Want to Make Perfect Prime Rib? Check Out This Recipe for Prime Rib!
During the holidays a great meal with family and friends is very delightful. If the food is good enough it's almost better than opening presents.
So what's the main dish? Turkey and ham will come up somewhere between Thanksgiving and New Years for sure. But, let's not leave out Prime Rib! Heaven forbid.
Now let's share my personal recipe for cooking the mouth watering roast. This is a proven recipe to make you the chef in the eyes of everyone at your dining table:
- One stick of butter at room temperature so it’s easy to spread.
- Mix with garlic powder and pepper.
- Spread as best you can all over roast.
- Refrigerate uncovered overnight.
- Before cooking, remove from refrigerator and leave sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place roast on a rack in a shallow pan uncovered with no water in the pan. Position roast fat side up.
- Bake in oven exactly 40 minutes, then turn oven off. DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR FOR THREE HOURS.
- After exactly three hours, remove roast from oven.
- Preheat oven back to 375. Place roast back in oven and cook 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and now you can finally slice into it and enjoy