Iowa Is Home to One of the Most Outrageous Pizzas in America
As we gear up for National Pizza Month in October, it seems that there are two types of pizza lovers in the world - traditionalists and adventurers.
The traditionalists are content with the basic topping go-to's like pepperoni and sausage, while the adventurers are up for just about anything.
Which one are you?
If you like your pizza on the wild side, then this list from Yelp is just for you!
They have identified 10 of the Most Outrageous Pizzas 2023 and you won't have to travel too far to try one.
At Fong’s Pizza in Des Moines, they make it really easy for those who can't choose between pizza and Chinese food.
It's the Crab Rangoon Pizza, which combines whipped cream cheese and surimi (imitation crab meat) with sour cream and heavy whipping cream. The sauce is topped with asiago and mozzarella cheeses, green onions, crispy wonton strips, plus a drizzle of sweet chili sauce.
If you want to revisit the dining habits of your college days, you can opt for Fong's Ramen Pizza, which features fongolian sauce, ramen noodles, edamame, mushrooms, water chestnuts, red onion, and mozzarella cheese and is topped with fresh cilantro and crushed peanuts.
MOST OUTRAGEOUS PIZZAS 2023 (Yelp)
- Pizza Box Pizza - Vinnie’s Pizzeria, Brooklyn, New York
- Pizza Cone - Coned Pizza, Meridian, Idaho
- Taco Taco Taco Pizza - Tony Baloney’s, Atlantic City, New Jersey
- The Elvis - Roscoe’s Pizza, Corwin, Ohio
- Crab Rangoon Pizza - Fong’s Pizza, Des Moines, Iowa
- Salad Pizza - Abbot’s Pizza Company, Venice, California
- SuperSlice Pizza - Pizza Barn, Yonkers, New York
- Smoked Salmon Pizza - Spago, Beverly Hills, California
- Penne Alla Vodka Pie with Garlic Knot Crust - Munchy’s Pizza & Wings, Deerfield Beach, Florida
- Spaghetti Pizza - J&S Pizza, Natrona Heights, Pennsylvania