Sunday is Talk Like A Pirate Day
September 19th is Talk Like A Pirate Day!
Unlike most weird holidays, I actually found multiple sources as to why and how this holiday came about.
Two guys from Oregon were playing racquetball and started giving each other a hard time with pirate slang. One guy even hurt himself and kept the pirate talk going.
It started small, obviously, but they sent their idea to a humor columnist and it gained steam. So much steam that now it has it's very own day!
How about a few pirate jokes to celebrate?!
- What’s the new pirate movie rated? – Arrr!
- What kind of socks does a pirate wear? – Arrrrgyle!
- What’s the problem with the way a pirate speaks? – Arrrrticulation!
- A little boy is trick-or-treating on Halloween dressed as a pirate. Someone asks him, “Where are your buccaneers?” The little boy says, “On either side o’ me ‘buccan’ head!”
- This one is a little bit more adult- A pirate walks into a bar with a ship's wheel attached to the front of his trousers. The bartender asks, “What the hell is that ships wheel for?” The pirate says, “I don’t know, but it’s drivin’ me nuts!”
Don't be a scallywag or a rapscallion, get in on the fun! Don't end up walking the plank! 'Talk Like A Pirate Day' is this Sunday. Here are some phrases to sprinkle into conversation on the 19th.
- Shiver me timbers
- Blow the man down
- Dead men tell no tales
- Davy Jones Locker
- Heave Ho
- Scupper that
- Weigh anchor
25 True Crime Locations: What Do They Look Like Today?