Outdoor Supervised Playgrounds in Sioux Falls this Summer
A low-tech, high-fun summer tradition since 1944 continues this year. The Sioux Falls Parks and Recreation Department is again organizing their Outdoor Supervised Playgrounds program.
The free drop-in program at Sioux Falls parks is for kids 7 to 12 years-old. Playground staff will lead games, crafts, and special activities for the summer. Parents can get weekly themes and activity schedules from the staff.
The Outdoor Supervised Playgrounds program will be offered Monday through Friday, June 4 through August 10, but is closed on Wednesday, July 4. Parks and Rec says to look for the rec van to pull up and come out for the fun!
Here's where to go:
Playgrounds open 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- John F. Kennedy Elementary School: South Holbrook Avenue and West Pebble Creek Drive (near front of school)
- McKennan Park: East 26th Street and South Second Avenue
- Meldrum Park: East Sixth Street and North Lewis Avenue (shelter)
- Prairie Trail Park: East 62nd Street and South Tomar Road (by equipment)
- Southern Vistas Park: West 53rd Street and South Technopolis Drive (shelter)
Playgrounds open 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.
- Frank Olson Park: East 16th Street and South Grandview Avenue (shelter near pool)
- Galway Park: West 64th Street and South Galway Avenue (shelter)
- Glenview Park: South Glenview Road and East 59th Street (shelter)
- Granite Valley Park: East 68th Street North and North Gold Nugget Avenue (shelter)
- Prairie Hills West: West 77th Street and South Meredith Avenue (shelter)
Playgrounds open 3 to 5 p.m.
- Discovery Elementary: 1506 South Discovery Avenue (shelter)
- Lewis Park: East 54th Street and South Lewis Avenue (shelter)
- Pioneer Park: East Pine Street and North Mable Avenue (shelter)
- Platinum Valley Park: West 82nd Street and West Hughes Avenue (shelter)
- Prairie Meadows Park: 6801 South Grange Avenue (on playground)
Source: City of Sioux Falls