Know The Risks Of Shoveling A Foot Of Snow
After more than a foot of snow in the area on top of what we already had, you begin to wonder where to put it. And, how much more shoveling your back can take.
Get our free mobile app
With a Snow Alert in effect for Sioux Falls and surrounding communities DO NOT park your car on the street until it has been plowed curb to curb.
The city plows are even challenged in plowing.
When you pick up that shovel to clear your sidewalk or driveway, remember some safe shoveling practices.
Better yet, if you have younger neighbors ask them to help.
Scenes From Blizzard
A foot of snow in Sioux Falls!
Winds blowing that snow into nasty drifts!
That scene repeated all over the Sioux Empire. The BLizzard of February 2023 was a cold, snowy mess. AKA, just another South Dakota winter. We can handle it. It sucks, but we got this.
We asked to see your view of the storm, here's what you saw:
NEED TO KNOW - FROM RESULTS-TOWNSQUARE MEDIA SIOUX FALLS
- Where to Find Sioux Falls Winter Weather Info, Snow Alerts, and Road Reports
- How Long Do You Have to Shovel after a Major Snowfall in Sioux Falls?
- What Happens if a Sioux Falls City Plow Knocks down Your Mailbox?
- Got Mail Sioux Falls? If the Answer Is No, Shovel around Your Mailbox
- Sioux Falls Ends the Storm with a Foot of Snow