Brookings ‘Gifting for Good’ Gives You a Jump on Holiday Giving
Not only will you find truly creative and unique gifts during this event, but you'll be donating to five organizations that are an integral part of the Brookings community, which in turn, adds to South Dakota's thriving economy.
"Gifting for Good" is going on in Brookings from November 17 through 19 at these 5 locations:
- Brookings Art Council at 524 4th Street in Brookings- This group encourages community connection through art, like the Festival of Trees they are presenting beginning Thursday, November 17 through December 31. Their pop-up gift shop is offering paintings, prints, jewelry, pottery, and artisan hand-crafted stuffed animals.
- McCrory Gardens at 631 22nd Street, Brookings - This place is also about connection, but it's the connection people can make with the natural world which is at the heart of this beautiful place. Their gift shop will have unique sweatshirts, garden flags, McCrory Maple Syrup, honey, men's apothecary items and so much more.
- Play Central Toys & Books is located in the Children's Museum of South Dakota at 521 4th Street, Brookings. Whether you're looking for the perfect holiday or birthday gift for your kids or grandkids, this is a great place to shop. Plus you're supporting all that the Children's museum offers the kids and families of South Dakota at the same time! And they offer personal shoppers to help you.
- South Dakota Agricultural Heritage Museum is at 977 11th Street, Brookings. You'll find a wide selection of South Dakota-made items, locally sourced goods, European glass Christmas ornaments, and much more!
- South Dakota Art Museum at 1036 Medary Avenue, Brookings. You'll find an amazing selection of gifts during the museum's annual holiday sale. Original paintings, pottery, art glass, and even home decor are all available.
Each of these gift shops has its own specials and if you shop at 4 of the 5 shops from Thursday, November 17, through Saturday, November 19, you can enter to win $20 gift certificates from each shop.
For this event just think - -the 4 S's
Shop South Dakota, Save, and Support local organizations!