Wine Sales Are Up During The COVID-19 Pandemic
Since the global outbreak of COVID-19, alcohol sales have sky-rocketed. Wine sales have especially topped the charts in the alcoholic beverage department.
According to a recent article from Forbes, alcohol sales' "statistics are based mostly on sales figures, which showed significant growth in alcohol purchases in the third week of March." The numbers listed are the sales report figures from Nielsen. This sales report ended on April 4th, therefore statistics may have changed since then.
- Alcohol sales were up 55 percent.
- Liquor and spirits sales were up 75 percent.
- Beer sales were up 42 percent.
- Wine sales were up 66 percent.
- Ready-to-drink cocktail sales were up 106 percent.
- 24- and 30-packs of beer sales were up 90 percent.
- Online alcohol sales were up 243 percent.
The Forbes article also adds that since the COVID-19 pandemic, people are playing more video games, eating more junk food, and binge-watching Neflix more than ever before.