Subaru Recalls More than 165,000 Cars and SUVs
A potentially faulty fuel pump has led to the recall of more than 165,000 vehicles.
The fuel pump problem could lead to sudden engine failure, which increases the probability of a crash.
The models included in the recall:
- 2018-2019 Subaru BRZ coupes
- 2019-2020 Subaru Ascent SUVs
- 2018 Subaru Forester SUVs
- 2018-2020 Subaru Impreza sedans and hatchbacks
- 2018-2020 Subaru Outback wagons
- 2018-2019 Subaru WRX sedans
- 2018-2019 Toyota 86 coupes
The Toyota 86 coupe is part of the recall because it shares components with the Subaru BRZ.
Owners should receive a recall notice in September. If you have any questions you can contact Subaru's customer service at (844) 373-6614.
Drivers are advised to watch for shaking or listen for unusually loud noises coming from their engines, or to see if the check engine light is illuminated on their dashboards. All are signs of a problem. Some owners have reported problems with their vehicles starting.
So far, no crashes or injuries have been related to this recall.