Sioux Falls School Board Votes To Give Teachers Raises
The Sioux Falls School board announced that it had approved the Fiscal Year 2022 School District Budget. In a news release, the Sioux Falls School board noted that it has approved a $280 million dollar budget for the Fiscal Year of 2022.
Some of the highlights included in the release:
- The budget includes increases in spending in the general fund of $1.2 million and an additional $1.6 million for special education.
- Increased starting teacher salaries from $37,735 to $41,000 (8.7%).
- Increased Speech Learning Pathologist salaries by 34.8% for the first year and 18.1% for those at the top of the schedule.
- Increased Education Assistant hourly pay by 12.2%.
- To accommodate these increases the General Fund budget increased by $1,230,340 and the Special Education budget increased by $1,605,518.
As of 2020, The Sioux Falls School District includes 23 elementary schools, 5 middle schools, 3 traditional high schools, an alternative high school, a project-based learning high school, a career and technical education academy, and one post-secondary technical institute.