Sioux Falls Recycling: What You Can and Can’t Recycle
My wife is constantly correcting me on what we can and can't put in recycling in Sioux Falls. So I went to get the lowdown at Siouxfalls.org and heres what I found out.
If you live in Minnehaha, McCook, Lincoln, Lake, or Turner Counties these are the items you can and can't recycle.
Things You Can Recycle:
- Paper, including Magazines, Newspapers and ads, Paper grocery sacks, Catalogs, Phonebooks, Junk mail and office paper, Shredded paper (contained in a clear plastic bag)
- Cardboard and chipboard, such as cereal boxes (flattened and clean of food grease)
- Plastic bottles, tubs and jugs
- Tin Cans, steel cans, and aluminum cans
- Clean Aluminum Foil and trays
- Empty Aerosol Containers
- Paper Egg Cartons
- Glass Jars and Bottles. Please consult your waste hauler to see if they accept these items.
- Plastic Grocery Bags and trash bags, free of trash. Please consult your waste hauler to see if they accept these items.
If it's not on this list don't put it in your recycle bins. It makes will make your garbage handler rather unhappy.