New Years Resolutions From This Sioux Falls Resident
I've had a few folks ask me if I'm making any New Years Resolutions. That's something I haven't done for a long time. But I got to thinking, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to consider a little positive propulsion in my personal development for 2020.
So I thought I'd combine my personal growth with some civic improvement and I came up with these “Top New Years Resolutions From This Sioux Falls Resident”.
- When buying a dozen Oh My Cupcakes for the office, don't eat more than three.
- Try to better explain to all my visiting friends that that dead animal odor emanating from northern Sioux Falls is the smell of money.
- Quit yelling in my car on I-229 at anyone driving slow that won't move over out of the left lane.
- I will stop calling the “Big Sioux” the “Big Poo”.
- The next time the wife and I go to a show at the Denny Sanford Premier Center I will remember to bring a clear bag that is 12" x 12" x 6", so I don't have to run her purse back to the car.
- Did you know that in 1910 President Teddy Roosevelt and famed Deadwood US Marshal Seth Bullock rode a Fawick Flyer (a car that was made in Sioux Falls) together in a parade through Sioux Falls? Me neither. I'm going to learn more about Sioux Falls History.
- Figure out what to do for entertainment the third weekend in July now that someone screwed up JazzFest and it's gone.
- Try to answer politely when family and friends from other states ask if we are “Really on meth?”.
Happy New Year!