The Iowa and Minnesota Burgers on Yelp’s Elite List
To come up with their list of the 100 Best Burgers in America, Yelp identified businesses in the restaurants and food categories with a large concentration of reviews mentioning 'burgers', then ranked those spots using a number of factors including the total volume and ratings of reviews.
This year, an Iowa and Minnesota burger each cracked the Top 50 on the elite list.
In Iowa, Zombie Burger + Drink Lab, in downtown Des Moines, is number 35 overall.
There are plenty of burgers to choose from on their menu, 28 by my count (including chicken and vegan options), with names like:
- East Village of the Damned
- 28 Days Later
- They're Coming to Get You, Barbara
- Dawn of the Dead
- The Walking Ched
- Undead Elvis
- Trailer Trash Zombie
- Sarah's Revenge
- Envy Corpse
- Mushroom Apocalypse
Minnesota's lone spot on the list is World Street Kitchen on Lyndale Avenue South in Minneapolis.
Unlike Zombie Burger + Drink Lab's vast array of burger options, World Street Kitchen has just one on its menu - the Sweet Onion Stuffed Falafel Burger.
YELP'S TOP 10 BURGER PLACES IN AMERICA
- Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q – Atlanta, Georgia
- Minetta Tavern – New York, New York
- Slutty Vegan – Atlanta, Georgia
- Gordon Ramsay Burger – Las Vegas, Nevada
- Father’s Office – Los Angeles, California
- The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar – Charlotte, North Carolina
- Sister Liu’s Kitchen – Durham, North Carolina
- Facing East – Bellevue, Washington
- Kuma’s Corner – Chicago, Illinois
- KoJa Kitchen – Berkeley, California