Harlem Globetrotters Returning to South Dakota, Iowa, Minnesota
The 'Clown Princes and Princesses' of basketball are bringing their fun-filled, family-friendly antics back to the Tri-State Area in 2024.
2024 HARLEM GLOBETROTTERS WORLD TOUR (local games)
- January 4: Alliant Energy Powerhouse - Cedar Rapids
- January 7: Wells Fargo Arena - Des Moines
- January 9: Five Flags Center - Dubuque
- March 28: Tyson Events Center - Sioux City
- March 29: Mayo Civic Center - Rochester
- March 30: Target Center - Minneapolis
- April 3: Dacotah Bank Center - Brookings
The Globetrotters got their start as the Savoy Big Five, on Chicago's South Side in 1926, before changing their name to the Harlem Globetrotters in 1928.
Over the past 95 years, the Globetrotters have played more than 26,000 exhibition games in 124 countries.
Their famous alumni include Wilt Chamberlain and Lynette Woodard.
As usual, the Globetrotters will be facing off against their forever rivals, the Washington Generals, who first took the court against the Globetrotters from 1953 to 1995 and again from 2015 to now, and currently own the longest losing streak in sports history.
The Generals' last win against the Globetrotters came back in 1971.