How Can You Raise Money for Cure Kids Cancer? Here are 12 Fundraising Ideas.
This little guy is Wesson Littau from Winner, SD. He fought cancer most of his life. He earned his angel wings at only 13 months old. Cancer is the second leading cause of death in children (after accidents). About 1,250 children younger than 15 years old are expected to die from cancer in 2016.
You can help us fight this battle.The Cure Kids Cancer Radiothon is coming up March 31 and April 1, 2016.
We only have two days to introduce you to kids right here in our area who are fighting cancer, have won the fight and those we've lost to the disease.
We only have two days to tell you about Sanford Children's Hospital, the region’s only Cure Kids Cancer hospital and the state’s only COG (Children’s Oncology Group) Hospital, meaning that they share protocols with other COG hospitals around the country, so our children can receive their care close to home with their support network nearby, feeling secure in the fact that they are receiving the same treatment they would in any other COG Hospital.
We only have two days to convince you to pick up your phone and call in a donation.
This year, think about fundraising efforts through work, Facebook, family members, church, school, or a group you belong to.
- Have employees donate an amount to wear jeans one day during the week and donate the proceeds to CKC.
- Have a bake sale, baked potato bar, Crock Pot cook-off, ice cream sundae bar or potluck at work and charge a set price (or freewill donation) with all proceeds donated to CKC.
- Organize a rummage sale at your church and have people donate items.
- Have a loose change drive. Encourage people to drop their loose change in a can. You'd be surprised how much will accumulate.
- Set a goal and then collect money. When you reach the goal, your boss or teacher will have to do something they don't want to do.
- Organize a BINGO game. Charge admission or a set price for a BINGO card and people can win donated prizes.
- Do a 50/50 raffle.
- Host a bachelor auction.
- Set aside parking spots near the building (a great idea in South Dakota winters) and have people pay to park in those spots for a week or month at a time.
- Have an ugly tie or ugly shirt contest at work or school. People pay $1 to vote for the ugliest and the winner gets bragging rights.
- Get your school involved. At the next sporting event, have the cheerleaders or student council pass around cans in the stands (kind of like a collection plate at church) and have people put money in the can (or other receptacle).
- Set up a fundraising account using online fundraising sites like Go Fund Me (most sites take a percentage of amount raised) and ask your Facebook friends to donate.
One-hundred percent of the money raised for Cure Kids Cancer stays right here to help area children fighting cancer.
Another way to help raise money for CKC is by dining out! Dining 4 Kids is Tuesday, March 22, 2016. All you need to do is eat at one of the participating restaurants and they'll donate a portion of sales to Cure Kids Cancer. Here's who's on the list so far with more coming.
- Applebees: 4001 W. 41st St. & 3221 E. 10th St.
- Pizza Rev: 49th Louise
- Chevy’s: South Louise Ave.
- Jimmy John’s: 4905 S. Louise, 6121 S. Minnesota, 1904 S. Minnesota
- Firehouse Subs: 3504 W. 41st & 5200 Arrowhead Pkwy
- Noodles & Company: 5007 S. Louise & 5216 Arrowhead Pkwy
- The Pickle Barrel: 1612 S Western Ave
- Oh My Cupcakes: 57th & Western
- Keg Chicken: West 12th Street
- Marco’s Pizza: 5007 S. Louise Ave & 3220 S. Sycamore Ave.
- DQ Grill & Chill: Minnesota Ave.