Country Music Madness! Round 1
Here at KXRB, we've paired some of the greatest country music songs of all-time against each other to find out which one will be the champion.
Our 16 song tournament will feature legendary songs from the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s.
It's quite the list, indeed. Take a look at the competition:
- George Strait, Amarillo By Morning
- Garth Brooks, Friends in Low Places
- Kenny Rogers, The Gambler
- Merle Haggard and Willie Nelson, Pancho & Lefty
- Loretta Lynn, Coal Miner's Daughter
- Alan Jackson, Chattahoochee
- Dolly Parton, Jolene
- Willie Nelson, On the Road Again
- Tanya Tucker, Delta Dawn
- Brooks and Dunn, Boot Scootin' Boogie
- Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton, Islands in the Stream
- Johnny Cash, Ring of Fire
- Randy Travis, Forever and Ever Amen
- Merle Haggard, Okie From Muskogee
- Ronnie Milsap, Smoky Mountain Rain
- George Jones, He Stopped Loving Her Today
Today's matchup pits the "Red Headed Stranger" against the "Man in Black".
For Willie Nelson, his most iconic song was written in the spur of the moment, as he was suffering from airsickness on a plane when the inspiration struck.
It's up against another classic song from the legendary Johnny Cash. Ironically, Johnny's most enduring song was written by his future wife, June Carter Cash. And the lyrics she wrote for Ring of Fire were about the man she would one day marry, Johnny Cash.
Vote in the poll at the top of this post and make sure to come on back for tomorrow's matchup!
Story Source: Taste of Country
Story Source: Songfacts
LOOK: The least obedient dog breeds