Classic Superstitions On “Friday The 13th”
Friday the 13th is supposedly one of the unluckiest days of the year! There are a lot of superstitions surrounding this day. Here are some common ones:
- "Don't step on a crack! You'll break your mother's back!"
- Never walk underneath a ladder. If it closes on the sidewalk, you'll be in the middle of it. Literally.
- Don't walk across a black cat's path. It's rude and you'll never know what the cat will do.
- You shouldn't open an umbrella indoors. There's no rain or sun, so what's the point?
- If you break a mirror, expect 7 years of bad luck coming your way.
- Spilling salt on this date is a big no. But if that does happen, make sure you put some in your hand and toss it over your left shoulder to avoid any bad luck!
- The number 13 is an unlucky number in itself. If you buy a lottery ticket on Friday the 13th and you have "13" as one of your numbers, don't expect to win.
Here's an interesting fact: Italians believe Friday the 13th is lucky! My Grandma Fifi told me this a while back. It's because they see the number as lucky. So if you're Italian like me, consider yourself in the clear!