Movoto: Brookings is Best Place to Live in the United States
Movoto makes a habit of helping people relocate. They connect homebuyers and sellers with real estate agents in the areas they desire. They also have a great habit of loving a lot of our communities here in South Dakota.
Most recently they chose Brookings as the "Best Place to Live in the United States." Previously, Brookings had been on their list of "8 Best Places to Live in South Dakota."
Why did they give Brookings this major upgrade?
- Low crime rate - In fact 72% lower than than the state average and Brookings is safer then 67% of cities in the U.S.
- Dining choices - Some very highly rated restaurants, (Nick's Hamburger Shop is a favorite of many) cafes, bakeries and coffee shops, (many of them locally owned) exist in this town of 24,000 people.
- Entertainment - a vibrant music scene, plus plenty of opportunities for family-togetherness fun at sports events, (Go Jacks!), the four pools at the Hillcrest Aquatic Center, and of course, the annual Summer Arts Festival brings in people from all over the neighboring area as does the Swiftel Center's concerts.
- Beautiful city parks - Including the extraordinary McCrory Gardens and South Dakota Arboretum on the SDSU campus and the Dakota Nature Park and Larson Nature Center.
- Museums - The Children's Museum of South Dakota, the South Dakota Art Museum and the South Dakota State Agricultural Heritage Museum.
- Shopping variety - From antiques, to fashion, flowers to appliances, bicycles to books; all of that and more can be found in Brookings.
All of this and so much more in one small South Dakota town; kudos to Brookings!