‘Empty the Shelters’ Events Coming to South Dakota, Iowa Humane Societies
If you've been looking for the right time to add a furry member to your family, you're in luck
The event runs from December 1–17.
During each nationwide event, the foundation is sponsoring reduced adoption fees so shelters can charge $50 or less to help families get a fully vaccinated, microchipped, and spayed or neutered pet.
More than 380 shelters in 43 states will be taking part, including these South Dakota and Iowa facilities:
- Sioux Falls: Sioux Falls Area Humane Society.
- Boone: Boone Area Humane Society
- Burlington: Des Moines County Humane Society
- Davenport: Humane Society of Scott County
- Fort Dodge: Almost Home, Humane Society of North Central Iowa
- Muscatine: Muscatine Humane Society
Since the Empty the Shelters program began, more than 204,000 pets have found loving homes across the country.
LOOK: Longest-living dog breeds
Gallery Credit: Sophia June
Why do cats have whiskers? Why do they meow? Why do they nap so much? And answers to 47 other kitty questions:
Gallery Credit: Andrew Lisa
LOOK: Here are the pets banned in each state
Gallery Credit: Elena Kadvany