Who Has The Best Pizza?
Americans love pizza. But just how much do they love it and what’s their favorite?
First of all, let’s look at some pizza facts that you might find interesting:
- there are approximately 65,000 pizza restaurants in the United States, 42% are chains and 58% are independent restaurants.
- Approximately 3 billion pizzas are sold in the U.S. each year.
- Pepperoni is by far America’s favorite topping, (36% of all pizza orders).
- Other popular pizza toppings are mushrooms, extra cheese, sausage, green pepper and onions. 62% of Americans prefer meat toppings on their pizza, while 38% prefer vegetarian toppings.
Here are the Top 5 Pizza Chains (Based on U.S. Sales):
1. Pizza Hut $5,39 billion
2. Domino’s $3.30 billion
3. Papa John’s $2,09 billion
4. Little Caesars $1,25 billion
5. Papa Murphy’s $665 million
I am one of the great pizza lovers. As a matter of fact, I make a mean homemade pizza. Well, I’m actually one half of the team. My son and I work together on our creations on Saturday nights at home. And my wife has the mess in her kitchen to prove it.
But, when it comes to going out for pizza for us, we choose The Pizza Ranch on East 10th Street. Their pizza is fabulous. My wife and son insist on going there.
And with their buffet deal for both lunch and dinner, it’s one of the best deals in Sioux Falls. The place is super clean, always friendly, providing wonderful tasting food and priced at a level that you will gladly pay. I’m always stuffed and happy when I leave and my family loves the experience of going there.