What Stocks Gained The Most?
The stock market was a big money making place in 2013. It was up the most in nearly two decades.
Easy money from the Fed, ultra-low interest rates and normalizing economic conditions were the main themes this year for stocks.
The S&P 500 gained right at 30%, the most since 1997. The NASDAQ was up a wopping 38% for the year.
If you were a fortune teller, you could have picked the following list of stocks that were the biggest gainers and made some serious money.
You could have at least doubled your money in one single year. Or perhaps more with some of these.
Here are the Top 10 Performing S&P 500 Stocks for 2013:
1. Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) +269%
2. Best Buy (NYSE: BBY) +238%
3. Micron (NYSE: MU) +236%
4. Delta Air (NYSE: DAL) +129%
5. Pitney Bowes (NYSE: PBI) +120%
6. E*TRADE Financial (NASDAQ: ETFC) +116%
7. Celgene (NASDAQ: CELG) +115%
8. Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) +109%
9. Genworth Financial (NYSE: GNW) +105%
10. Facebook (NASDAQ: FB) +104%