Top Five Reasons You Should Not Miss Brandon’s Loyalty Day Parade
The 51st Annual Loyalty Day Parade won’t disappoint on Sunday May 7 at 1:00 PM in Brandon. The theme this year is United We Stand.
Here’s why you should go:
- Candy & Treats: Brandon is one of the few cities that still allows those in the parade to throw out candy, and lots of it! Bring a bag for the kids to keep their loot. In the past, full size ice cream treats were handed out to every person watching the parade, and mini-sub sandwiches have been thrown out to the crowd.
- Celebrate the true meaning of Loyalty Day: It was established by Congress on April 27, 1955 and made an Official reoccurring Holiday by President Dwight D Eisenhower, “Loyalty Day is a special day for the reaffirmation of loyalty and patriotism to the United States and for the recognition of the heritage of American freedom.”
- Great Entertainment: See and hear the marching bands, entertaining acts, floats that celebrate the many organizations and events in the area and honoring those who have served our country.
- See what an award winning parade in South Dakota looks like: AAA travel recognizes our parade as one of the must do things in South Dakota. The Veterans of Foreign Wars national department has placed the City of Brandon in the top three every single year.
- Watch the sky: A flyover is scheduled from the Vanguard Squadron from Tea, SD, sponsored by Amanda Christopherson and her store Beautique.
The Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4726 in Brandon has announced the Grand Marshall of this year’s parade is Tony Bosch of Sunshine and Tony’s Catering.
I’ll be announcing at the parade in front of the VFW, so stop by and say hello!
Subscribe to KXRB-AM on