Today’s Tough Question: What Angers Drivers Second Most?
The traffic in the busy city of Sioux Falls is getting more intense as the years go by. The growing population shows on the busy streets and freeways around South Dakota’s largest town.
It certainly is completely different than when I first traveled the great town 40 years ago. However, I must say it’s still pretty easy to get around compared to other cities.
Drivers for the most part are decent. They’ll let you in and I haven’t experienced any road rage.
But there seems to be one thing that’s a problem almost every day. It’s tailgating. People seem to want to drive right up on your back bumber. This annoys me!
So what angers you? Here’s a study that was done. According to Consumer Reports, these are the top ten things most complained about by drivers:
- Texting on a cell phone while driving: 8.9 out of 10
- Able-bodied drivers parking in handicapped spaces: 8.7
- Tailgaters: 8.4
- Drivers who cut you off: 8.3
- Speeding and swerving in and out of traffic: 8.2
- Taking up two parking spaces: 7.7
- Talking on a cell phone while driving: 7.6
- Not letting you merge into a lane: 7.6
- Not dimming high beams when approaching: 7.6
- Not using turn signals: 7.5