Throwback Thursday ‘Rock Your Body’ by Justin Timberlake (2003)
I chose "Rock Your Body" by Justin Timberlake as this week's Throwback Thursday song for a few reasons.
- It is my birthday week and I love JT.
- It is Justin's birthday week.
- He is performing at the Super Bowl this weekend.
- This is the infamous 'wardrobe malfunction' song from the last time he was at the Super Bowl.
- Justin's new album comes out this week!
- I just like this song.
"Rock Your Body" was the third single off of Justin's first solo album, Justified.
He co-wrote it with producing team, The Neptunes, which is Pharrell and Chad Hugo.
"Rock Your Body" was originally a song for Michael Jackson's Invincible album, but he turned it down so Justin scooped it up for his debut album.
The song features Vanessa Marquez, however, she is not in the music video.
The music video was directed by Francis Lawrence and shows Justin dancing in a disco light box.
"Rock Your Body" went to #1 on Billboard's Mainstream Top 40 and #5 on Billboard Hot 100.
The song is certified Gold for selling 500,000 units!