Dorothy Antritter, South Dakota’s Oldest Resident at 108, Named Centenarian of the Year
108-year-old Watertown woman named, Dorothy Antritter, has been named as the 2013 Centenarian of the Year for the second year, making her the oldest South Dakotan. She will celebrate her 109th birthday this fall. She was born Nov. 25, 1904.
A couple of milestones that happened in the year 1904:
- January 18-Henry Ford sets a new automobile land speed record of of 91.37 mph.
- May 21-The International Federation of Association Football, FIFA, is established.
- October 27-The first underground line of the New York City Subways opens.
- November 8-U.S. presidential election, Republican incumbent Theodor Roosevelt defeats Democrat Alton B. Parker.
- December 31- In New York City, the first New Year’s Eve celebration is held in Times Square.
- The population in Sioux Falls, South Dakota was around 10,000.