The Best Deals In August Aren’t Just On School Supplies
Rulers, notebooks, glue, backpacks, jeans, underwear...just a few of the items that might be on your back-to-school shopping list this month. August is definitely the month to buy school supplies. What other month can you buy a glue stick for 5 cents?
Did you know August is also a good month to find some super deals on seasonal items?
According to Yahoo, here's a list of the best shopping deals in August.
- Back-to-school basics: August is the best month for back to school discounts. Keep an eye out for cheap dorm furniture from retailers like Walmart. Deals2buy.com says major retailers like Target and Office Max will run sales on everything from supplies to shoes to backpacks, offering a great opportunity to save on school necessities or even new purchases for the home office.
- Back-to-school laptops: Classes start soon, so August is your last chance to score a laptop deal for school. "Look for deals on 15" Core i5 Ivy Bridge laptops with prices ranging from $299 to $323, which was June's best laptop deal," says Dealnews. If you are able to hold-off to September, you'll see Intel prices drop to $299. (I saw a really good deal on a Dell on QVC over the weekend. And, with QVC, sometimes you can get "easy pay" with no interest.)
- Summer fashions. Apparel retailers like American Eagle Outfitters and Abercrombie & Fitch slashed an extra 30% to 50% off sale items last year, and we anticipate seeing similar trends in 2013. That said, keep in mind that last year the best time to buy jeans was July through mid-August; after that, discounts from popular jeans brands dropped off. The same goes for swimwear.
- Patio Furniture. If you truly want to pay the absolute least amount of money for a new set, wait until the end of the month. Retailers like Sears and Home Depot will be exceptionally eager to clear out any remaining stock at this time, and discounts can reach as high as a staggering 90% off come September.
- Grills. Last year, we listed grill deals that slashed as much as $200 off entry and mid-tier models. Yet, this past July we saw no sales that came close. It follows then, that retailers will begin taking more widespread cuts this month. Look to vendors like Ace Hardware, Home Depot, Lowe's, and Sears for the best deals.
- 55-inch 3D HDTVs. HDTVs just keep getting cheaper. July saw once prohibitively expensive 55" 3D TV hit an unprecedented low of $549. That's 23% cheaper than any deal this entire year. Chances are slim we'll see a repeat of that specific deal in August, but regardless, it's still a great time to jump on the 3D bandwagon.
On a side not, there is a really cool website with daily e-mails called BradsDeals.com. They are your one-stop source for the latest coupons and deals from thousands of leading retailers. Every day, they sort through thousands of coupons, sales and promotions and then publish the best 100 or so. You can get some incredible prices through this website. They do the legwork for you. It's a great place to find deals this month or any month of the year.