Sioux Falls House Fire
Sioux Falls Fire Rescue responded to a Sunday house fire at 620 North Lewis Avenue.
First-arriving units found heavy smoke on the second floor. Firefighters entered the structure and found a fire in a closet on the second floor. The fire was under control in approximately fifteen minutes. The house sustained moderate fire damage and heavy smoke damage to the second floor.
The residents of the house were out of the building before fire units arrived on scene. There were no civilian or firefighter injuries.
The fire was started by a child playing with a candle. Sioux Falls Fire Rescue would like to remind residents to talk to their children about the dangers of playing with fire.