Man Re-Enters Burning House
That real-life man of genius is Walter Serpit, a Columbus, Georgia resident, who was watching television at his house Thursday afternoon, when a new water heater is believed to have started a fire.
As the room filled with smoke, Serpit, five other adults and two children escaped to safety, reports ABC2 News.
Once clear of the structure, though, Serpit had other things on his mind. It wasn't the possible loss of family photos, beloved pets or family heirlooms. No, Serpit ventured back into the burning building to rescue some beers.