Flooding, Record Rainfall, Closed Roads. And, A Chance For More Rain.
Sioux Falls has recorded over a foot of rain since June 1st.
Monday was one more for the record books. Adding to the record rainfall this month Sioux Falls has received 8.27 inches of rain in the last three days. 12.9 inches since June 1. The forecast calls for more rain later today.
Late Monday night Sioux Falls Mayor Mike Huether issued a Stop Water Usage for the city. Sioux Falls Public Works director Mark Cotter said the city was managing extremely high waste water flows and were nearly at the capacity of the waste water system. The usage order was lifted at 5:00am this morning.
Residents are asked to not discharge sump pump water to the cities sanitary sewer system.
Flooding has caused travel to be rerouted for many. And in some areas roads are closed.
- I-229 Exit 75 to Beresford Exit 47 - ROAD BLOCKED and flooding southbound until further notice
- Highway 46 west of Beresford is closed
- Interstate 90 from Luverne, MN to Adrian, MN reopened as of 7:30am
- Highway 75 north of Luverne, MN is closed
- Highway 11 is closed to traffic south of Brandon and north of Madison Street