Elvis Left The Building
‘The King’ Elvis Presley, died on this day in 1977. Where were you when you heard the sad news?
He died of heart failure at the young age of 42. He debuted on the music charts in 1956, and after 21 years, spent a record 80 weeks at number one.
The guy from Memphis was nothing shorter than a phenomenon. He climbed from humble beginnings to music immortality.
Here are a few things to know about Elvis:
- Even in the South, Elvis was a pretty strange name.
- Elvis had an amazing memory.
- He was very polite.
- You wouldn’t like him when he was angry.
- Elvis really loved his mother.
- He never got drunk, he drank very little.
- He was a very spiritual man.
- Elvis couldn’t write songs, but he picked all of his hits.
By the time Elvis had sung his last note, he held records for the most Top 40 hits (107), the most Top 10 hits (38), the most consecutive number 1 hits (10) and the most weeks at number 1 (80).